Aluoja cascades

The Aluoja cascades are in the village of Pühajõe in Toila municipality, in the Mägara creek, which flows into Pühajõe valley from the west. Aluoja is a unique slate valley with a variety of cascades, clefts and springs. Moving downriver, its...

Avinurme Lifestyle Centre

The museum exhibition in Avinurme Lifestyle Centre introduces Avinurme as the carpentry centre of Estonia. The permanent exhibition 'Life Born of Timber' provides an overview of products that the local craftsmen have made during various eras and...

Avinurme museum train

A narrow-gauge Sonda-Mustvee railway passed through Avinurme during 1926–1972. It was a true 50-year-long prosperity era for the villages located near the route. Today, a section of 178.5 metres of the former railway, the rail brigde, and the...

Avinurme museum train

A narrow-gauge Sonda-Mustvee railway passed through Avinurme during 1926–1972. It was a true 50-year-long prosperity era for the villages located near the route. Today, a section of 178.5 metres of the former railway, the rail brigde, and the...

Baron von Velio's house

Built in classicist style in the late 18th century, this building was one of the largest private residences in Narva at the time. It was later used for storage as well as for housing. In the first half of the 19th century it was purchased by...

Casemates of the Bastion Victoria in Narva

During its 300 years of history, the bastion Victoria has withstood many wars. At the beginning of the 21st century, it justified its reputation again – after a complete restoration, it became a winner once more! Bastion became one of the main...

Estonian Mining Museum

Would you like to get a taste of what the life of a real coal miner was like? All you need to do is put on your wellies, grab a warm jacket and take a lamp; because, where else but underground would you hear, see and feel the same things as the...

Hahn's staircase

Built at the southern end of a garden in  Narva in 1875 on the initiative of Mayor A. Hahn, this staircase was originally longer than it appears today. However, construction of a new bridge saw the first section of the staircase disappear...

Hele Park in Narva-Jõesuu

There are two official parks in Narva-Jõesuu – the Pime (dark) and Hele (light) park. The Valge (white) park, which is also called Hele park, was established in 1877. The park pavilion, which is located next to a beautiful pond, is a good...

Kreenholm area and Kreenholm Textile Factory

A double-terraced waterfall is located on the Narva River, just above the city. Kreenholm Island is located between the two terraces. The famous Kreenholm Textile Factory was built on the shore of the waterfull in the 19th century, and was the...

Kukruse Polar Manor

Kukruse Polar Manor tells two stories of one family, accompanied by various exciting activities and experiments. You can, for example, try writing a letter with ink and pen and try on clothes from the 17th and 18th century.  There is also a...

Kurtna Lake District

The Kurtna Lake District located in Illuka Rural Municipality is one of Estonia's most lake-rich areas, where 42 lakes, with areas of 0.2 to 136 hectares, can be found in an area of about 30 square kilometers. The lakesides are popular vacation...

Maidla manor

Maidla manor in Ida-Viru County was first mentioned in 1465. The current baroque manor house was completed in 1767 at the request of Georg Ludwig von Wrangell. Since 1925 the manor has housed a school, as a result of the restoration work which has...

Meretorn tower by the Saka Manor

A spiral staircase takes you to the top platform of Meretorn (sea tower in English) and everyone who wants can climb up and enjoy the wonderful view of the islands in the bay as well as sunrise or sunset. There is a campfire site next to the...

Monument to Paul Keres

The monument dedicated to the 100th birthday of Paul Keres, an Estonian chess player and international grandmaster, is located on a square between Puškin Street and Peeter Square. The authors of the monument are well-known Estonian sculptors...

Narva Bastions

In the 17th century, Narva was a city on the border between Sweden and Russia, which Sweden wanted to turn into a regional capital. The designer of the defence fortifications was a military engineer and architect Erik Dahlberg. A total of seven...

Narva cascades

Narva’s cascades are situated on the former premises of the Kreenholm factory, which no longer operates. The hydroelectric power station allows water from the turbines of the reservoir out via the cascades during the high-water season in spring,...

Narva Castle

The Narva Castle is one of the main attractions of the city. In the seventh decade of the 13th century, the Danes established a castle as a residence for the Danish King’s vice-Regent. The Narva Castle is the most diverse and best preserved...

Narva Hospital

The construction of the hospital was started in 1913. The building is in the Modernist style and dedicated to the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty. The architect was Aleksandr Vladovski. The building is part of the Kreenholm complex.

Narva river

Narva river marks the north-eastern border of Estonia. It flows from Vasknarva castle on lake Peipsi out into the Gulf of Finland.  The river is divided in two by Kreenholm Island. Both branches of the river are home to cascades, which are filled...

Narva Town Hall

German, Swedish and Italian architectural influences are mixed in the building style of the Town Hall that dates back to the 17th century (architect G. Teuffel). The architectural complex of the Town Hall Square included the Town Hall, Stock...

Northern yard of Narva Castle

The Northern yard is our attempt of recreating the 17th century. Here, we imagine genuine and vibrant early modern urban quarters with houses, people, and their everyday lives. This way, a guest of the Northern yard is instantly taken 300–400...

Pime park in Narva-Jõesuu

The resort of Narva-Jõesuu is made up of the sea, pine forests, and the Pime (Dark) and Hele (Light) parks. These parks are divided by streets. The area towards the sea from Vabaduse Street is the Pime Park. Pime Park, resembling a forest park,...

Pimeaed (Blind Garden)

This is Narva’s oldest part, an example of park architecture from the end of the 19th century. Located on the Victoria Bastion. There are two memorials in the park and its environs. The first is the iron cross erected on the Victoria Basion in...

Rannapungerja lighthouse

Rannapungerja lighthouse was constructed in 1937. The viewing platfrom at the base of the lighthouse, covered with timber planking, affords a wonderful view of Lake Peipsi and the landscape on the shore. Next to the lighthouse, traditional...

Saka manor

Saka is one of the few Estonian manor complexes that has been restored in its entirety. The manor has luxurious rooms for accommodation and seminars as well as a large hall and a restaurant in the vaulted cellar. With its unique location, privacy...

Saka manor park and rock exhibition

Saka manor park is located on a high limestone bank. Older trees in the park indicate the dignified age of the park and its possible origin from the beginning of the 19th century. The park does not have a specific shape; granite pathways with...

Shishkin's pinetree (Meriküla pinetree)

Ivan Shishkin, a Russian painter, sometimes spent his vacations in Narva-Jõesuu and Udria, where he loved to sit under a tree and paint. Shishkin has painted this tree several times; the paintings are included in the main exposition of the...

Siivertsi memorial

Siivertsi memorial was built to honor protectors of homeland who died fighting near Narva in the Estonian War of Independence in 1918 to 1920. It was demolish in the time of World War II. Restored in 1996 by architect Melnik.

Swedish Lion

This monument commemorates the success of Karl XII at Narva in 1700 when the Russian forces that had besieged Narva in the course of the Great Northern War were destroyed. The memorial was a gift from the Kingdom of Sweden to the City of Narva,...

Tõrvajõe waterfall

Tõrvajõe waterfall is located in Tõrvajõe village in the immediate vicinity of Tallinn-Narva highway. The waterfall gets its water from River Tõrvajõe. There are several small terraces: the main terrace which is up to 2.5 m high and three...

The Lords Resurrection Cathedral

It was built in 1890-1896 for the orthodox workers of Kreenholm Manufactory. The architect was Pavel Alis. Architectural solution comes from Byzantine tradition. Belltower is 28,8 m high. Church's walls and dome are made of local bricks. Rides,...

The Lords Resurrection Cathedral

It was built in 1890-1896 for the orthodox workers of Kreenholm Manufactory. The architect was Pavel Alis. Architectural solution comes from Byzantine tradition. Belltower is 28,8 m high. Church's walls and dome are made of local bricks. Rides,...

The Pühtitsa Dormition Convent (Kuremäe Convent)

The Kuremäe Convent, located in the centre of Kuremäe, was established in 1891, and is the only functioning Russian Orthodox nunnery in Estonia. In ancient times, a sacred place of the Estonians was located here and a sacrificial spring was at...

The Soviet-Era Sillamäe

'Soviet-Era Sillamäe' is an exhibition in a Sillamäe Museum branch at the Sillamäe Cultural Centre. The exhibition is located on the premises of a former bomb shelter. You can explore everything related to the Soviet era, starting from the...

Vaivara Blue Hills Museum

The renovated barn and smithy of the Vaivara Manor are the buildings of the museum. The exhibition is dedicated to the battles held on the Narva River and in the Blue Hills in 1944. The museum exhibits weapons, uniforms, soldiers' personal...

Valaste Waterfall – the highest in Estonia

Valaste Waterfall, located on the Ontika limestone cliff, is more than 30 m high, making it the highest waterfall in Estonia. Currently, the waterfall can be admired from the side, which offers a lovely view of the layers formed in 400,000...