Built at the southern end of a garden in Narva in 1875 on the initiative of Mayor A. Hahn, these steps were originally longer than they appear today. However, construction of a new bridge saw the first section of the staircase disappear beneath the ground. The steps have since lost their function, as they lead down onto the St. Petersburg highway – the border zone between Estonia and Russia.
Location on map
Coordinates: 59.3771133, 28.2012710View on Google Maps
Features and amenities
Site lightingInformation boardsFree parkingSignpostedSealed access roadBy carShow sharing